If you are planning to study in the United Kingdom, you are required to first apply for a student visa to the UK. The student visa process is slightly different than a regular visa process to the UK. Different in terms of application procedure and extra forms that a student needs to be knowledgeready.
The student visa for The United Kingdom is different than that of other European countries. To study in The United Kingdom you will have to apply for a Tier 4 student visa whereas if you want to study in other parts of Europe such as Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, etc. applying for a Long Stay student visa is advised.
General – For individuals who are 16 and above years that are looking to pursue their higher education in the UK.
Child Student Visa – For individuals who are between the age of 4 to 15 and are looking to acquire their primary/secondary education in the UK.
• You can only apply for a Tier 4 visa after getting the offer letter or confirmation letter from the university or college situated in the United Kingdom.
• Your university or college should provide you a document called ‘Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies’ also known as CAS.
• Only institutes, college or university approved by the UK government can provide you the CAS document.
The fees for Tier 4 student visa is £348. You can make the payment through online transaction or demand draft or pay in cash at the visa application centre.
Yes, you can arrive in the UK before your course starts, if your course is longer than 6 months arriving 1 month before is suitable. In case your course lasts for lesser than 6 months you are allowed to visit the United Kingdom – 1 week before your course begins.
Student applying for a student visa to study in the United Kingdom, you need to check if you are qualified to study in the UK by going through the guidelines put forward by the UK government for international students.
Below mentioned is the eligibility criterion to study in the UK for Sri Lankan students;
• Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) from a university based in the UK.
• Sufficient money to support your education and stay the UK
• A valid English language test results (or University accept your English level through their own test)
As an International student with a desire to study in the UK, you are required to provide a set of documents. Our advice would be to maintain a checklist of below to prepare your documents.
1. Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS)
2. Proof of funds
4. Tuberculosis (TB) Test certificate
5. A valid English language test report
You will have to follow a few steps that will successfully submit your student visa application for studying in the UK
• Visit the official https://www.gov.uk
• Go through the list of mentioned criterion to check if you are eligible to study in the UK
• Select the country for providing your Biometrics
• Register or Sign Up by providing details in the prompted boxes
• You can complete this step in 10 minutes
• Sign in and attach documents (please refer to list mentioned above)
• You will need your Passport, Birth, Funding proof, etc. to proceed with the application
• Statement of Purpose (SOP)
• Go through the provided details
• Confirm the attached documents and information by clicking on the ‘I agree’ prompt on the form
• Select and schedule a date to visit the visa application centre for further process
• Complete the visa application payment
You have successfully submitted your visa application!
Make sure to visit the visa application centre and prepare for your visa interview (if applicable)
We have been an established education agency since 2010, and we have offices in both Melbourne (Australia) and Colombo (Sri Lanka).